Audio Visual Service Engineer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Greater Manchester, EnglandLancashire, England|
|Sector||EngineerEngineer - Audio VisualEngineer - InstallerEngineer - ServiceEngineer - Video Conferencing|
|Salary||£25000 - £30000 Per Annum £25k-£30k + vehicle and benefits|
- The Opportunity
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly competitive, friendly and progressive company which offers great opportunities to build a career and progress. Our client is looking for an experienced AV/VC Service Engineer to cover the North West area and may include some European travel.
Key Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
▪ Fault finding and diagnostics of a large range of commercial AV equipment
▪ Understanding of digital and analogue signals e.g. HDMI, DVI Component, EDID and HDCP
▪ Understanding of SMATV Satellite systems and IPTV networks
▪ All applicants should have a good understanding and ideally have some experience in basic programming of AMX and Crestron Control systems
▪ An understanding IP network Protocols
▪ Experience and the ability to make configuration changes to DSP systems such as Clearone and Polycom
▪ InfoComm CTS certification is required (or be able to provide examples of other AV specific training)
Working the core hours of 08:30 to 17:30 (Shift work and some weekend work may be required)
Based in the North West salary is negotiable but circa £25k-£30k p.a. plus company vehicle and benefits.
Your skills and experience
The successful candidate will be looking for a career opportunity and will have the following skills and experience:
Required skills expertise:
▪ Smart Technologies
▪ Audio (sound desks, microphones, process, amps and wireless)
▪ Video (Screens, projection, scalers, faders, and players)
▪ IT (general)
▪ CTS accreditation
Absolute attention to detail
Maturity, especially when under pressure
A naturally organised and methodical approach to their work and have a friendly and approachable nature.
Excellent organisational skills
Have the ability/initiative to work on your own
At least 3 years experience working within a similar position in the Industry with an AV service/support background
Technical proficiency general AV, VC, IPTV and IT/IP
Confident and professional when dealing with clients
ICIA CTS qualified
To work to tight deadlines and under pressure
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Fluent in English
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a valid UK permit (no sponsorship offered), full and clean UK driving licence, up to date passport and be willing/able to travel both within the UK and overseas when required
Our client is an award winning integrator and one of the UKs leading provider of audio visual technologies and are specialists in the integration and servicing of audio visual control and video conferencing systems. Our client is committed to its staffs professional development and offers a continual training and certification support with Avixa, CAI and other services.
AV Jobs are the No. 1 specialist Audio Visual recruiters in the UK working with clients and candidates to ensure a successful job fit every time.