Audio Visual Service Technician
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Birmingham, EnglandWarwickshire, England|
|Sector||EngineerEngineer - Audio VisualEngineer - Service|
|Salary||£25000 - £32000 Per Annum £25k-£32k p.a. doe plus company van an|
- The Opportunity
As an Audio Visual Service Technician, you will ideally be based in the Midlands and will be required to be on call to react to service tickets raised against SLA contracts and chargeable service calls from clients across the whole of the UK.
You will be expected to be able to remotely diagnose these service calls where possible and response on site to fix these issues as required within the allotted on-site response times specified within the agreements with the clients.
Part of the role will involve routine maintenance, “health checks” visits and proactively walking site to monitor equipment performance.
You will be required to liaise and work closely with the project coordination team as well as other senior members of the AV integration team particularly the Operations Manager.
The role may also include some office based equipment repair work (after training) on faulty or failed kit.
▪ Being part of the on-call service team rota to allow us to provide 7 days a week service support.
▪ Responsibility to respond to service ticket system.
▪ Responsibility for remote dial in (where equipment deployed allows it) to diagnose problems and fix if possible.
▪ Responsibility for on-site responses to fix issues as required.
▪ Working closely with project coordinator on all service related activities.
▪ Reporting to the Operations Manager daily on all services activity and issues.
▪ Working outside of normal office hours to provide service support where required.
Salary is negotiable doe circa £25k-£32k p.a. + company van and benefits.
There are no standard working hours on a week to week basis with this role - you will be required to work in a rota system along with other service personnel covering 7 days a week, 364 days per year. You may also be required to work outside standard on call rota hours from time to time to fulfill service requirements.
Your skills and experience
▪ Previous experience in an Audio Visual service environment essential.
▪ Broad knowledge of the audio-visual equipment and operation essential.
▪ Particularly interested in candidates with knowledge of video wall technology and calibration, CMS IPTV systems, control equipment and video processing.
▪ Ideally knowledge of LED screen technology, with working knowledge of Novastar or similar processing.
▪ Ability to fault find and diagnose both remotely and on-site.
▪ Familiar with AV “break fix” environments.
▪ Ability to perform office based equipment repairs (after training) on faulty/ failed equipment.
▪ Ideally AV qualified ideally CTS trained.
▪ Ideally holding current CSCS, IPAF, PASMA and First Aid accreditations.
▪ Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and 365.
▪ Able to work autonomously.
▪ Presentable in front of clients.
▪ Polite and friendly personality.
Our client is one of the UK's leading specialist AV integration companies working in retail, corporate, broadcast and entertainment markets amongst others. They have an excellent reputation worldwide.
AV Jobs are the No. 1 specialist Audio Visual Recruiters in the UK working with client and candidate to ensure a great job fit.